Out in Leavenworth, WA, I previewed what the upcoming chilly winter months have to offer with Icicle Ridge. Despite the frigid name, the climb up was sweltering as we kept ascending, even reaching temperatures over 100 degrees, Icicle Ridge provided little reprieve from the sun. The heat combined with the trail’s steep elevation made this ride moderately challenging.
The steep elevation gives the trail plenty of scenic viewpoints on the ride down. Icicle Ridge is traditionally a hiking trail, so there are slower and more awkward sections at times. If you’re expecting something with more flow to it then this isn’t the trail for you, as each switchback can act as a riddle you need to crack versus a slot-car style berm.
Big thanks to these guys for making this all possible! Any purchases from these links will directly help support my channel as well:
- Jenson USA: http://bit.ly/JensonJKW
- PNW Components: https://bit.ly/PNWcomponentsJKW
- Industry Nine: http://bit.ly/IndustryNineJKW
- Kitsbow Cycling Apparel: http://bit.ly/KitsbowJKW
- Kali Protectives: http://bit.ly/KaliJKW
- Ibis Cycles: http://bit.ly/IbisJKW